C++ Software Developer with US TS/SCI Clearance
Vienna, VA 22180
- You' ve got a excellent C++ devlopment skills.
- You’ ve got a working knowledge of some other languages – Java or Python preferably – as well as an aptitude for picking new languages up as the job requires.
- You’ re familiar with XML – not just what it looks like, but how to represent things in it cleanly as well as how to use open source libraries to parse it and validate it against a schema.
- You can take a complex algorithm handed to you as a set of equations or Matlab code and turn it into something that’ s elegant and flexible as well as bullet-proof, leak-free, and fast (and you’ ve got the unit tests to prove it).
- You can take old code and channel any internal grumbling about how it’ s not designed well into motivation to make it better.
- Writing code that’ s multi-platform (Linux, Solaris, and Windows) seems like a good thing to you rather than a nuisance, and you’ re comfortable picking up whatever internal or open source libraries are needed to help you do it.
- You will be using version control, issue tracking, and automated builds.
- Not only are you a good coder yourself, but you’ re motivated to make everyone around you better coders as well. You’ re used to working as part of a team and figuring out how to divide up the work, how to offer suggestions, and how to play nice with others. You know the codebase well enough that when someone else you don’ t work with is wondering if there’ s already code written to do something, they come to you first to find out because they know you cringe when code is rewritten for no good reason.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Physics, Math, or related field with at least 3-5 years experience OR
- Master' s degree with 1-2 years experience OR
- PhD level preferred
- TS/SCI preferred
To be qualified you must be a US Citizen with a TS/SCI clearance non qualified candidates will not be contacted.